Why migrate to the Cloud?
Despite cloud services continually being promoted as the single most business-critical technology since the birth of the internet, it is surprising that so many organisations are reluctant to take a leap of faith and migrate their business to the cloud. Yet today’s enterprise-grade cloud platforms offer a greatly reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) and a faster deployment compared with the advent of the technology – so why the corporate reticence?
If you’re among the fearful, the two main reasons for abandoning the cloud concept will resonate, but as this myth-busting exercise will show, failing to make the move soon could leave your business at risk and in danger of falling behind.
Security in the Cloud
Many organisations are unsure how to manage security in the dynamic cloud environment and the fear of threats and cyber breaches leaves them apprehensive about a cloud deployment. However, the lack of appreciation of how the cloud landscape works simply serves to increase their vulnerability and leave them at risk of being left behind when the majority of businesses adopt more efficient cloud-based technologies.
The truth is that the nature of a cloud infrastructure ensures it is actually best placed for boosting business defences and dramatically limiting the opportunity for hackers to poach digital assets. Organisations who keep their assets and those of their customers protected against cyber attacks are building a reputation of trust that everyone will value.
Complexity of the Cloud
It’s true, migrating to the cloud is a complex process. It involves meticulous planning and a strategy that will manage the migration process from the get-go to go-live. With all the variables that can apply across any business sector and model, it’s clear that a tailored solution and dependable implementation consultant are key to a successful cloud migration.
However, an audit and analysis of an organisation and its technologies will almost inevitably reveal how the benefits of a cloud deployment can effect exceptional change:
- Cloud-based services make it easy for businesses to up-scale at speed
- An organisation’s real-time financial picture, data and insights are instantly accessible; accurate business intelligence and real-time reporting are critical to business growth
- Going cloud-based gives everyone instant access to a centralised business resource wherever they are and whatever device they are using
- Migrating to the cloud can help businesses boost performance and encourage growth
- You’ll enjoy more integration with other cloud services
- Your new collaborative infrastructure will connect every department of your business and its entire workforce
- Taking to the cloud can accelerate product development thanks to the low-cost, hugely scalable cloud IT infrastructure
When you adopt and migrate to cloud business tools, it becomes possible for organisations to achieve and manage real revenue growth. Performing online tasks, from payroll, order processing to accounting greatly reduces the time and resources associated with the business administration of old when archaic spreadsheets and physical records were the norm. When it comes to business management systems, switching to a comprehensive, end-to-end ERP package, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics NAV, will take all this into account and ensure you’ll be well placed to perform, connect and grow better than your business strategy ever thought possible.
If you want to find out more about migrating your business and its systems to the cloud or want to discover if either Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central is the cloud solution for you, contact the TVision team.