One of the key selling points of using Business Central is its seamless integration with the rest of the Microsoft stack. One Microsoft application that has grown in popularity over the last three years is Microsoft Teams. Find out how integrating Business Central with Teams can benefit your business and the practical steps you can need to take to make this happen.
Benefits of Integrating Business Central with Teams
Teams integrations with Business Central offers several benefits to a business that uses both of these Microsoft applications. Here are some reasons why a business might choose to integrate Business Central with Teams:
- Seamless collaboration: Integration between Business Central and Teams allows team members to connect and collaborate more effectively. They can easily share information, discuss tasks, and work together on projects without switching between different applications.
- Quick access to business data: With the integration, users have access to details about customers, vendors, and other contacts directly from Teams. This feature provides easy access to important information, such as interaction history and related documents, can help users respond faster to enquiries.
- Efficient sharing of records: Users can share links to Business Central records in Teams conversations. The shared link expands into a compact, interactive card that displays information about the record. This allows team members to view and edit data, as well as take action, all within Teams.
- Centralised communication: By adding a Business Central tab to a Teams channel or chat, users can access Business Central data directly from Teams. This helps to centralise communication and keep all relevant information in one place.
- Improved productivity: The quick access to business data and easy switching between different applications means that users working with both Business Central and Teams can be more productive and efficient.
Practical steps to take when integrating Business Central with Teams
To integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central with Microsoft Teams, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure you have the necessary licences and permissions – The Business Central app for Teams requires a Teams licence through a Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise subscription. Additionally, most features of the app require a Business Central licence. If you are not sure whether you have the necessary licences and permissions, contact your company IT administrator.
- Install the Business Central app in Teams – In the Teams marketplace, search for the Business Central app and install it. You can use the Teams desktop, mobile app, or web version. Details of how to install the app in Teams can be found here.
- Get to know the particular features of the integration – The Business Central app for Teams offers the following features:
- Important point to remember before you get started: Don’t forget that all participants in a Teams conversation will be able to view cards for Business Central records that you submit. However, to view more details about records, they’ll need access to Business Central.
Please note that these steps are a general overview of the integration process. For more detailed information and step-by-step instructions, you can refer to the Microsoft Learn articles on Business Central and Microsoft Teams integration.
How we can help you
If you want to know more about Business Central and how it could help your business, please feel free to contact us to arrange a demo to see how it could be the perfect ERP to help you overcome your business challenges.