Dynamics NAV – designed to be customisedStandard NAV would do little more than address financial requirements for recruitment companies. However, it is specially designed for resellers to customise the product. Microsoft encourages partners to work in this way as it means we can please more clients with industry specific solutions. So you can be confident that the product and the partner channel are all geared up and approved by Microsoft to support your solution. To claim a vertical specialism in implementing software solutions we believe requires three elements: a product that fits, reference sites and most importantly consultants with specialist knowledge of that industry. Creating the product, Agency Time, was relatively simple as Dynamics NAV already had the core components: accounts, credit control, resource journals for inputting time and expenses and local payrolls. We applied our knowledge of the requirements for pay/bill to configure the system to meet the needs of recruitment companies. We added a robust rate rules engine at the heart. And although the system is predominantly aimed at companies processing timesheets for temporary staff and contractors, we added functionality to meet the needs of permanent placements too.
Agency Time Software FunctionalityHere’s what can Agency Time can do:
- Clients and Prospects can have unlimited contacts at different addresses, working in different languages and currencies; this means you can define the right contact for different projects and / or different elements of the project.
- Rates (costs and charges) can be set at agency, client, and contract level. Unlimited rules can be created via a rates rules wizard.
- Flexible Pay/Bill means you can bill before you pay; have a different bill frequency to pay frequency (invoice weekly, pay monthly could be achieved by the system, if only your clients would agree to it!), you can bill in one currency, pay in another; you can pull out expense lines to invoice separately, exclude expense information from margin reports; roll up invoices to a single line per client or detail out one timesheet / one invoice. All of this can be set by assignment.
- Temporary workers records, nominating pay frequency, managing deductions, to leavers and reinstatements.
- Invoices can be produced in various formats and distributed using various mediums e.g. paper, email, OB10.
- Your credit controllers can use the diary management, email out copy invoices, produce statement and reminder letters and have the ability to hold invoices and put clients on stop.
- Integrates with both Payroll and Purchase Ledger. Includes management of late/lost timesheets, managing timesheets adjustments and posting in correct periods with full audit trail.
- On line timesheet entry. Also bulk timesheet uploading and the ability to integrate with OCR technology (scanned timesheets).
- Dynamics NAV UK payroll module addresses all statutory deductions. Due to the global presence of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, we can source local payrolls for most major countries worldwide (typically where NAV has a strong presence, currently 120+ countries) and run multiple payrolls on the same database.
- Multiple payrolls can be managed for temps, perms and staff pay; with permissions to control which users have access to which payrolls.
- Handling fees, holidays and NI contributions calculated and adjusted as configured to your process.
- Permanent placements can be tracked ready to be invoiced on start date with automatic accrual functionality. You can also assign costs against the placement (e.g. advertising and expenses) and run a split fee calculation.
- External purchase invoices can be recorded against placements and ready to be re-invoiced to clients either individually or in batches e.g. plane fares.
- Reports can be run for any date-range, at any time and on all data processed in the system. Financial reports can be run for the particular data you want to track e.g. by consultant, sector, team, department, location etc.
- Multicurrency placements and invoicing on one customer account: You can invoice in one currency, pay in another and process expenses in a third, fourth or fifth etc all on the same project.
- Standard Microsoft web-tools provide secure portals for on-line timesheet entry and client ‘self-serve’ pages. The security and permissions can all be managed by the system.